BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 11 August 2010

ELF cosmetics review

ELF has been a brand I've been really looking forward to trying. The regular line costs only £1.50, there studio line products start at £3.50 and there mineral line starts at £3. Great for people on a budget! I had a voucher for £1 delivery but the normal delivery charge is £2.95 or free on orders over £30. I wanted to review the products that I bought...


Plumping Lip Glaze - Fuchsia Fanatic - £1.50
This was the colour that jumped out at me when I first looked through the colours. A bright fuchsia colour with slight shimmer. I don't think it exactly plumps your lips much but it defiantly moisturises them and makes them look and feel much smoother. You apply the lightest/frosty gloss first then apply the colour over the top. My lips tingles like mad when the first gloss was applied! Tingling lasts around 20/25 minutes and the colour isn't very long lasting.


All Over Colour Stick - Persimmon - £1.50
A sheeny light pink/peach 3 in 1 colour for your eyes, face and lips. I use this on my cheeks and it gives a natural, dewy glow that I absolutely love. This lasts all day and looks great with a tan! I don't think this would particularly work well on your lips because the formula isn't like a lip stain/tint, isn't glossy enough for a gloss or smooth enough for a lipstick. I do like the packaging on this, cute and compact.


Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder - Warm Tan - £1.50
I applied this very lightly all over my face using my ELF Total Face Brush (that I love btw!). I'm not very impressed with this bronzer. This is very shimmery and I prefer my bronzers to be matte. Has a silky, soft texture which feels nice but just looks cakey on your face. The worst problem with this is all the dust. As soon as the brush meets the top of the powder, dust starts appearing from no where. Not good.


Shimmering Facial Whip - Spotlight - £1.50
My favourite product out of everything that I bought. Spotlight is a frosty white that I thought would be great at a cheek highlight. I use it on my cheekbones before I apply blush and it gives a gorgeous frosty highlight that really lifts your face. I’m defiantly going to be repurchasing this!


Corrective Concealer – Studio Line - £3.50
I love the packaging. A compact palette that comes with a built in mirror, mini concealer brush and 4 colour of concealer. A light skin tone, green, light pink, and medium skin tone. Use the skin tone colours to conceal problematic areas. Use the green shade to neutralize redness like that of acne and the pink shade to brighten yellow tones. I use my fingers to apply the concealers because the brush is just ridiculously tiny. It’s not the best concealer I’ve used and it’s not the worst either.


Favourite product: Shimmering Facial Whip in Spotlight.
Worst product: Healthy Bronzing Powder in Warm Tan.

I haven’t used the nail polish yet but when I do use it, I’ll post swatches then. I placed the order Sunday afternoon and I received the products Tuesday morning so very fast delivery. Products came in a brown cardboard box, wrapped in bubble wrap. Well packaged. I would defiantly order from ELF again! Hope you liked the review and let me know what your favourite ELF products are. Have a good week :D

Paige xoxo

0 people are sharing the love!: